What is there in AX 7.0 or what I have seen so far in the product?
Dynamics AX 7.0 or AX2015, also known under the code name “Rainier,” promises to impress AX users by delivering a new platform for AX deployments including on premises, public and private clouds options. It mainly focuses on offering customers precisely what they need, exactly when they need it, simultaneously providing a better understanding of the business operations and its processes.
The product strategy followed for Microsoft Dynamics AX 7 will be mobile first – cloud first.
· Mobile first – the new enhancements ensure that the application experience, regardless of the device platform it’s accessed on, remains the same for the user.
· Cloud first – is focused on AX 7’s new optimized platform which is suitable for both public and private cloud deployments with a “what you need, when you need it” approach on Windows Azure.
As mobile devices begin to take the place of the traditional office tools, employees are increasingly using them to access data, offer sales quotes, check inventory and financial data and more. Dynamics AX 7 will include the enhancements to improve cloud access and mobility.
A browser-based interface will replace the current Windows Client making Dynamics AX capabilities available via new “work spaces,” promoting remote access across a variety of device platforms for enhanced collaboration.
Superior user experience will be delivered via the context-sensitive Windows 8 framework, based on the HTML5 technology.
Excellent life-cycle management will be offered – regardless of deployment choice from on premise, hybrid to full cloud.
Besides these, there will be other architectural enhancements that started in Dynamics AX 2012 R3 to make AX more customizable in the cloud with smoother integration.
What’s new in Technologies?
- Low latency between logical control and AOS,
- High latency between physical control and logical control
- All X++ runs on server tier,
- Form app state on server,
- Deltas keep control state in sync,
- Web server to support WAN usage
- Single Page Application,
- Common browser actions for new windows/tabs,
- Back button for all forms and panels
- Simplifying navigation and form management
- URL updating for direct navigation items
- Parent record context
What new in basic functionalities?
- Fully web base function (setup /configurations/operation/reporting)
- Very colorful web base client with new slider functionality
- New Fleet management module coming in
- New task recorder function has been introduce, which you can play from AX and it will guide you the all the steps in AX itself.
- Workflow ribbon has been remove, workflow operationally has been changed. But configuration of the workflow is same like AX2012 R3 CU9.Optional workflow on all create/edit processes.
- EP/ESS has been remove, its replace via ESS/MSS workspaces
- Error messaging or warning messaging look change like LCS.
- Lots of reports layout changed with nice look and fill which can be used as external business documents.
What new in module specific functionalities?
- Financial statement reports now migrated to management report. There is no standard financial statement report available via SSRS reporting. Deployed Management reporter with AX 7.0, it means you no need to install separately.
- There are new 16 default reports available for General ledger module.
- Few navigation in GL form got changed i.e., legal entity of the main account move to as a fast tab in main account form.
- Budget planning has enhanced, now it’s more easy to use for user and as well as consultant to configure.
- Mis Charges posted in Product receipt has introduced in AX 7.0 (already done by me the same 1 Year back for our ISV).
- Human resource management now more easy to market due to web capability. Now it’s can complete with other HRMS specific product.
- Employee master is very easy to create.
- New workflow has been in introduce for loan equipment request via ESS workspace.
- Expenses management module is now support calendar view expenses report preparation with itemized capability.
- Project Accounting module has few new changes; role base estimation which has introduced in workforce scheduling. It’s also integrated with WBS of a project. Its support role base operation, automatic team generations
- Pricing for the role also introduced, which help the sales team and project team do a cost & revenue analysis with role.
- WBS template export and import function introduced, which help the project manager use this function without MS project server 2013 integrations
- 360 degree view available for resource available with graphical view. Resource load visibility also available from the same view.