Installing the assemble in to global cache
What is GAC
The Global Assembly Cache is a machine-wide store used to hold assemblies that are intended to be shared by several applications on the machine. Each computer where the common language runtime (CLR) is installed has a global assembly cache.
How to load/ Add *.dll
I needs load my custom *.dll files developed in dotnet to be used in AX or application wide.
This can be achieved in multiple ways like.
1. Power-shell commands.
2. CMD prompt.
3. Developer CMD Prompt for Visual Studio.
and few more
This post is using CMD Prompt i.e calling Global assembly cache tool.
1. Run CMD prompt as administrator
2. Setting your VS SDK path in first line
3. Mention your dll path in targetPath.
4. Mention your dll name in highlighted text with the extension as .dll
cd C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8SDKV2.0Bin
gacutil.exe /i “$TargetPath” /f /nologo
gacutil /i “$hello.dll” /nologo